Sunday, August 13, 2017

Living in a Christian Bubble

It works for me. From Matt Walsh:
At any rate, whenever I am accused of keeping my kids in a Bubble, it is always because I have taken some step to preserve their innocence. That is the one thing we absolutely must not do, according to society. Let the TV and the school system decide when its time for your child to stop being a child. That time, by the way, is right around their second birthday and getting younger.

Well, no thanks. I will proudly house my children in this kind of Bubble for as long as I can. They may have fewer friends and a less expansive knowledge of the most popular cartoon shows and sex acts when they emerge from it, but at least they will have their souls. That’s a pretty good trade, as far as I’m concerned. (Read more.)
Share

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They can't stay there forever though.

elena maria vidal said...

No, you gradually introduce them to the world.

Unknown said...

True. I have seen some parents fail to launch kids though. Its a fine line. My parents allowed me to be exposed to secular things and they discusded it vs the biblical worldview with me. They gave me a good childhood but always treated me as an adult and talked to me like I was one.