Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My New Blog

When I was in Lourdes several years ago, I was struck by all the votive offerings on the walls of the various chapels and basilicas, thanking the Blessed Mother for her intercession. I am unable to go to Lourdes right now and set up a plaque so instead I have created a blog to be a votive offering. It is called Fountain of Elias and will be about Carmelite spirituality. It is a way in which to thank God and Our Lady for answering my petitions and granting many blessings. I am grateful for the family I now have, for the books that have been published, and for the success of this blog. Laus Deo Virginique Matri!

Since at some point in the future the new blog may be used as a formation tool for the Secular Carmelite community to which I belong there will be, for the time being, sidebar links only to sites by other Carmelites or by priests or religious. However, anyone is welcome to visit and comment, in an appropriate manner, of course. I hope to have some guest posts by some of my blogging friends who are familiar with the Carmelite saints. At any rate, I am keeping it simple, and will be avoiding political controversy, trying to make the site a refuge from the world, a place for prayer and meditation, a sort of virtual Carmel. Share

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it!

elena maria vidal said...

Thanks, Susan, I think you will enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Elena...I am so excited! There doesn't seem to be many blogs dedicated to Carmelite spirituality, so any addition will be much appreciated...especially by this fellow Carmelite : )

elena maria vidal said...

I added you to the new blog roll...hope you don't mind....;-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely...I am honored!

Magdalen said...

How wonderful! This is one of my favorite blogs, so I can't wait to visit the new one. --And the fact that it will be Carmelite is almost too good to be true. I'm thrilled!

elena maria vidal said...

Thank you for the kind words, Megan!

May said...

This is a lovely idea, thank you.

Lucy said...

This is great, I can't wait for your new blog! A wonderful spritual place:)

Lucy said...

Silly me...your blog is already up- I just visited and added myself.

elena maria vidal said...

Thanks so much, Lucy!

cate said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for making this new blog. :o)

elena maria vidal said...

Thanks to you, Cat!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! I am sure it will be a great success...I think it will be a good recruitment tool, as well.

elena maria vidal said...

Thanks, Gette. At least it will be a place to archive my writings about Carmel.

Catherine Delors said...

Beautiful idea, Elena! I am sure this new blog will meet with much success. And wish you another visit to Lourdes soon...

elena maria vidal said...

Merci, Catherine! Yes, and I hope to do so, and stop in Paris first to see my friends there!

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Beautiful!!

Pentimento said...

What a wonderful blog! I will link to it.